Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's official Joseph treats me like "mom" and not a babysitter

It wasn't until 'it' happened tonight that I realized just how special Joseph's hugs COULD be and HADN'T been until now.

I bathed him and was taking him to bed after going to the bathroom for the fourth time (Did I mention he's fully potty-trained?!) when he clung to my neck and kissed my cheek over and over again. Now he has hung on to me up until tonight as if he didn't want me to drop him, but other than that I could be the grocery manager or a new babysitter. Tonight his arms were so tightly squeezing me I felt it. I felt it like it was the first time he had really hugged me and then there were the kisses to follow.

Needless to say, my little guy melted my heart and the tears poured out of my eyes. I consider this a huge milestone in our attachment journey and it will get him out of trouble time and time again for a while.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a sweet story!!

Debbie said...

Ahhh!! What a sweet moment.

And he's potty trained. Bonus!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are shifting for you. it takes time. People often expect instantaneous love. It doesn't happen like that.

Sha Zam- said...

sniffle. aww. You have a new reader now.

Becky and Naing said...

Yeah! So glad things are going well with him. He is such a sweet, sweet boy.

MommaT said...

That is awesome!

Anne-Marie said...

So exciting and wonderful! Love you guys!