Saturday, January 9, 2010

Luke makes a great mattress. Puppy Anna

Today was one of those days that I sit down at night and say, "Wow, that was one crazy day."  We got up this morning to Eric having a breakfast meeting at church, both Luke and Anna having doctor appointments, Anna had a birthday party to attend and Eric took Luke and Joseph to the River Museum so they could enjoy the Ice Festival.

I was running late for Luke and Anna's doctor appointments and so I told Luke to meet me in the car in the garage.  He was walking around the house on crutches and doing a fantastic job.  He made it into the garage and remembered that he had forgotten to put his tennis shoe on his good foot.  I ran into the house, got the shoe, and then bent down to put his shoe on for him so we wouldn't have to go back into the house.  Luke's crutch slipped, he went flat on his back onto the garage floor and I then landed on top of him.  It was pretty bad for a few minutes, but I think Luke can rebound better than ever since his fracture.  He has most certainly gotten tougher which isn't all bad.  I teased him that he made a great mattress.

Anna was invited to a birthday party for a little girl who received a puppy for her birthday so her parents gave her a puppy shower birthday.  The kids loved it.  Everything was puppy themed and the kids got their hair done and makeup to make them into puppies.  It was adorable!  Anna had so much fun that she came home and took a nap.  Anna hasn't taken a nap for years.    Here's what she looked like:


0 comments: