I'm sure some of you have had nights where for one reason or another emotions are running high in your household. Tonight was one of those nights here. Eric has a project he's working on for work. I cooked a large dinner and because the kids aren't feeling 100% the highlight for them was pudding and fruit. This dinner came together without the aid of my trusty microwave, which in the words of a former Kentucky employee of ours, would have said, "It done tore up!" Yep, last night it made the worse sound imaginable and Eric and I both knew it was a gonner. So, anyway I was not happy with not having the microwave available. Luke was emotional. I think partly because he's sick and tired of his leg not being 100% and having to go to physical therapy twice a week as well as doing a ton of exercises everyday. Anna has been battling an ear infection and my usually perkier than perky girl was grouchy when we were working on her sight words so I knew things weren't pretty. Joseph has been under the weather the last couple of days and instead of being his happy, running around little self, he's been sad looking. He's not running a fever, but he's going to be coming down with something; mark my words.
Tonight at book reading time Joseph wanted Anna's school book after we had read it and when it was time for the book to go back in her school bag he ran off with it with Anna hot on his trail. He slipped on the wood floor and hit his head against the leg of our over sized chair giving himself one crazy scrape and bump. That's all it took for all three kids to be in tears. Joseph was crying because he was hurt and because he knew he'd have to hand over the book now that he was caught. Luke was crying because Joseph was hurt and Anna was crying because Luke was crying and also because Joseph was hurt. Obviously, the three of them have bonded and we don't have to worry about them not caring for each other. At the time it was all I could do to stop them all from sobbing, but now when I have time to reflect back on the whole thing I'm smiling because I know things could have been a lot different if they didn't care so much for each other.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day and the lump on Joseph's head will have fully recovered. He's going to have a mark there for a while though. Ouch!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
The kids have definitely bonded
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment