Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3 more days until we travel


Excited, who us?? Yes we are and if there wasn't so much work to do before we left we'd be more excited.

Today I basically locked myself in my office and worked. No checking emails, no blogs, no nothing other than me and Mr. Computer. I'm happy to report that work went well and the pile has gotten smaller. I sent necessary files to our accountant to work on profit and loss statements and so the weight lifted at least slightly.

Eric has been working nonstop to get ready for our trip and so he's out visiting stores and checking in with managers. For some reason when we leave the office something crazy that never happens when we're home, and close to a phone, happens when we're gone. The good news is we work with awesome people and they'll take care of things until we return. The bad news is with limited phones and Internet we probably won't find out what went wrong until we get back.

On a funny note......Luke, who is in first grade, came home tonight and said there was a contest in his class today to spell the longest word and he won. He came up with 'conversation'. Kelli and I laughed so hard when he told us his word and almost started to cry. Luke will come up with words like this from out of thin air and ask Eric and I how to spell them. He asked Eric about 'conversation' a couple of weeks ago and wrote it down and then made a necklace using the letters. I guess it stuck with him. I'm also guessing his substitute teacher was pretty impressed. Sorry to brag but I couldn't resist on this one.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Good job Luke!!!! Conversation is a long word and congratulations on the big win!!!!! :-)