Saturday, September 5, 2009

6 days until we travel

6 days until we travel. My newest BFF (or for those of us over 25 who don't watch Paris Hilton on a regular basis----best friend forever) is the notepad that's perched on my nightstand.

I can't figure out why this happens but my brain seems to work faster and harder when I'm sleeping than when I'm awake. Maybe it's because I multi-task far too much during the daytime and so my brain waits until I'm sleeping to give me one VERY important thought that I can't live without while I'm trying to catch 40 winks. Anyway, the only way for me to remember is to immediately fully wake up and write down the thought.

Our agency director told us to have a list of questions ready for Joseph's pediatrician, nannies, and caregivers when we get to ET so that we don't forget them. It's amazing how many questions pop into my brain at night and then get written down on the notepad. Just when I think we've got them all another 'more important than the others' question comes up. By writing the questions down it at least allows me to go back to sleep sooner. Now I need to figure out how to decipher my in the dark, no glasses writing.

1 comments:

JungatHeart said...

And 14 days (or so) before we get to see the little guy? I can't wait. Could I stow away in your luggage? Wait, I mean weight! Afraid you'll have to jettison too much stuff.

Mom