Kelli had to work on Mother's day and wasn't able to come home from Chicago, but she sent me the following message that I wanted to post here so that it would be saved and not lost (not that I planned on losing it.) Life has given me many advantages and blessings but none are as great as the children that God has placed in my arms.
"Happy Mother's Day, to a Mom who gives her life to her children and has their hearts in return. Thank you for taking me to Mother/Daughter Days at Area VII, for allowing your heart to be broken each time mine was, for always teaching me that what's on the inside is more important than what's on the outside, for finishing college as a single Mother, for allowing me to talk your ear off while laying in the middle of the kitchen floor as you're cooking dinner, for remembering the name of every friend who has entered my life, thank you for making every sporting event year round for both my brother and I, for cooking dinner, for defending me to teachers who felt I should be on Ritalin to keep me from talking so much, for supporting every sale...every business idea..I've ever had and making me feel I could concur the world, for the "missing daughter" phone calls I receive if I neglect to call for ...ohh....a day, for sending me a card every day at Schilling's when you moved to Dubuque, for making each of your children feel like they're your favorite (though I still feel like secretly I'm in the lead), for taking us on random trips like the one to the Dells, thank you for being proud of me and at my hardest times reminding me that even though you didn't like the decisions I had made you love me. I love you back, more than anything in this world, you're my best friend and the best role model any child could have."
And since it's not in my nature to show favoritism over one child, I think it only fair that I save Ryan's note that he sent to me as well. What did I do to have such incredible kids??? Amazing!!!!
1 comments:
Such great kids. Such beautiful letters. :)
Post a Comment