Saturday, June 13, 2009

Are we 1/2 way there yet??

Tonight's a good night. We had a very productive day at our house cleaning out closets, replenishing mulch around the flowers (which I'll hopefully get a photo posted of soon), kids playing on the slippin' slide and dinner on the barbecue grill. Man, you gotta love spring.

I'm really tickled when thinking that today is June 13th and our file has been in Ethiopia for 2 months. Woohoo. We've heard that a 'typical' wait for a referral is 4-6 months (once your file arrives in Ethiopia). Well, today is our 2 month mark so I'm guessing we are 1/2 way to our goal if our referral is to come in 4 months, or 1/3 of the way there if our referral is really going to take 6 months, or somewhere sooner or later if we, like so many other waiting adoptive parents, fall outside the typical box. It doesn't matter to me, I just feel good thinking that our wait could be half over. Or, it could even be over tomorrow if there's some lucky wind blowing. Oh my goodness what should we do to prepare? I'm voting for going out to a nice Ethiopian restaurant. Yeah, someone else will be doing the cooking.

Maybe we should repaint the bedroom.......for those of you that know me, you know that's not a good idea. I won't be happy with a color until the room has gone through at least 4-6 coats of different colors. I'd like to blame this on a slight case of color blindness, and so maybe I can't really tell what color is going to end up being on the walls, but, the real reason is that I can't make a decision for the life of me until the room is completely done and then I can say, 'Yes, I really do like that' or 'Oh no, we are going to have to go back for more paint'. Good thing paint's cheap!! Scratch that idea......hmmmm....I guess I'll work on the scrapbook that we're to send our son once we receive his referral that will introduce us to him. Sure hope I'll be able to pick out the right colored paper and stickers.

As for our son in Ethiopia..Hang in there little buddy, we're praying for your safety and well-being each and every day and can hardly wait to share our lives with you forever.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm predicting your wait is 1/2 over.

Pizzamoma said...

Thanks Debbie, you are so sweet and I hope you're right :)

Katie said...

NOOOOO, don't paint anything!!!

Pizzamoma said...

Katie,
Spoken like a gal who knows my color problems. ha