Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mickey & Minnie here we come!!

Does it matter that the forecast for Orlando is 98 degrees tomorrow and that's where we're heading?? NO WAY! Disney World here we come.

We're packed and the kids are wound down and tucked in for the night. We've gotten all our vacation belongings in three suitcases, instead of the eight allowed, so I'm pretty happy. Of course we're forgetting something, but it won't be the hubby or the kids, so who cares! As Eric always says, "We'll buy what we forgot, when we get there."

Being the over-achievers that we are, we've decided to cram in a full five days at the different Disney parks. That itinerary has a good chance of being edited once we get into the heat.

It was wonderful spending Father's Day with my Dad and Eric; two of the most incredible fathers in the world. I hope they realize how much they are loved by their kids!!!!

Today was also Pastor Jim Dotson's last Sunday preaching before his retirement. What a bittersweet service that was. We have to be so happy for Jim and Rosemary on a much deserved retirement and move, but so sad thinking about not hearing Jim preach again. With Jim's retirement comes a new minister. Pastor Tom Shinkle is taking over the reins and our prayers are with him as he comes into a new church family. I hope he, and his family, feel the love and support that he deserves.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm a bit behind on my blog reading this week as I'm trying to get ready for our much needed vacation. By the time you return we'll be gone to Memphis and then onto Dallas.

I hope you had a wonderful time at Disney World. We hope to make it there ourselves in the future.