Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's a Luau Party















Anna getting ready to get her ears pierced. She did very well and didn't even cry.


I took Anna to get her ears pierced as part of her birthday present. She came home from Guatemala with beautiful red stone studs that we had to take out because the holes were too close to her cartilage and one earring even get lodged under the skin. But now that she's five I thought it was a good time to get them done again and she picked out the coolest earrings that are tiny red stone flowers with a white center. She looks so cute in them.

Luke wanted to buy Anna his own present so he actually went shopping at Bath and Body Works and picked out lotion, body spray and shower gel. He has really good taste!

Daddy came through with flowers and surprised his little gem. She's getting used to the idea that her dad is a flower guy and loves to surprise his gals.

Our party theme was developed by Grandma D. She came up with the great idea of having a luau birthday party for Anna and it was so much fun! Everyone got into the mood and came in tropical shirts, or were willing to put on leis, flowers in their hair, grass skirts and flowered bikini tops. We had tacos along with grilled pineapple, bananas and of course cake. (Thanks for making the cakes and supplying all of the luau stuff Mom.) Anna got way too many presents and the whole night was topped off by watching 'Hotel for Dogs'.

Our little girl is growing up........sigh

3 comments:

Debbie said...

It certainly looks like it was an awesome party.

Shannon said...

What a great party idea! So glad I found your blog from the Toukoul families blog. Our daughter, adopted from China in May 2005, is turning 5 on Saturday. We are also waiting on our referral from Ethiopia for our son w/Dove. Our dossier arrived in Ethiopia on April 28, 2009. Looks like we are on a similar timeline--we also had our referral and travel conference call on the same day (Now I know who took the 10 a.m. slot! ha ha!) I have loved reading your blog so far and look forward to following your journey too!

Pizzamoma said...

Debbie: It was a lot of fun. I think it was better than usual because the adults really got into it too.

Shannon: I'm so glad you wrote and it was so interesting to find out that you're on basically the same time line and that we have similarities with our daughters too. COOL! What age are you hoping your little guy will be?

Take care,
Deb