13 days until our case goes to court and hopefully we'll pass making Joseph the newest and youngest Lockhart. Ryan's wedding brings me to the thought of all of our children and what a special joy it is for parents to see their child find the love of the their life and start the next part of the journey of life as a married couple. We're going to enjoy each and every marriage and the special people that those marriages add to our family.
Our future daughter-in-law Emily is one in a million and we are so lucky that she and Ryan fell in love and are now getting married. They'll be married in 2 days. Woo hoo. Things have been a little busy and I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday nor complete the countdown. Emily took her Iowa nursing board exam Wednesday morning and will find out electronically tomorrow morning that (there's no doubt she did pass) she did pass and is now a full-fledged Registered Nurse.
Today the wedding festivities and work list continued as well as a morning of vacation bible school and afternoon at the YMCA for the two littlest ones. Ryan had/is having his bachelor party with friends from college, high school and work, as well as Eric tagging along to raise the average age. They started with 'best shot' golf and reported that their games weren't great, but they had some fun activities with the golf carts. I'd rather not know.
Tomorrow morning the gals are all getting together for breakfast and then it's on to manicures and pedicures. That's before makeup and picking up dresses and then the official rehearsal at 5:30 and rehearsal dinner at 7:30. I may be getting a little old for an event this big.
Oh, I almost forgot, I got the last of my vaccinations done today so I'm ready for our trip to Ethiopia whenever it may come. Eric was scheduled to get his too, but he 'forgot' and did his fatherly duty of golfing with the future groom and his party. That's okay, I scheduled him in for next Wednesday. He's not getting out of it that easily!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
2 days until the wedding and 13 days until court
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't even start talking about being "too old". You've got another 20 years to go(hopefully) before the next round of weddings!
I'm excited!
Mom
Enjoy the wedding and all the wedding festivities. I look forward to seeing pictures on your blog when all is said and done.
Post a Comment