Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 days left until court

3 days left until court so the countdown could be changed to hours (72 or less) if we knew the exact time that our file would be looked at. We don't know the exact time so I'll keep it to days, plus I don't have the time to do an hourly countdown. Finding the numbers would be the easy part, but posting them would be a little tough as I do plan to sleep.

I spent quite a few hours working on our packing list last night and honestly have no idea how we're going to get everything in the cases. My first list was 5 single-spaced pages. One person even suggested bringing our own bedding. How on earth does one do that? What end of the vacuum cleaner do I hook up to our king-sized pillows to make them sandwich bag size?

It's probably safe to say that we'll have one case full of medicine and ointments because every list I've read says to take them and be ready to treat any slight illness or injury that might occur when we're in Addis Ababa instead of trying to track down these items once there and sick.

Also needing to be squeezed into the cases are the 70+ spiral notebooks that I bought for the kids at the orphanage along with crayons, scissors, markers, glue, pens, pencils and folders. I'd like to take balloons, jump ropes, bubbles and Hot Wheels race cars too. It could be touch and go trying to get our suitcases through customs with all of these items, but we're going to try.

1 comments:

JungatHeart said...

I had to laugh out loud a few times while reading this one. How about getting BIG backpacks and sleeping bags?

Mom