Friday, August 14, 2009

5 days until court

5 days until court.........That's just a handful of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And during those five days we have tons of things on the agenda so we're hoping they fly by. For some reason seeing the number five has made me cry. This journey is full of countdowns, time frames and guessing games and there will be many more before it's over, but this is one of the BIGGIES. This is when Joseph is officially a Lockhart, if we make it through, and our family grows to seven. (I'm still counting the older two because even though they're no longer kids and are on their own financially (thank heavens), they're still our children and a major part of everything our family stands for.

Ryan and Emily are on their honeymoon and in their words, "Having the honeymoon of a lifetime." Ryan tried wind surfing yesterday and as a result of that he had his knee on ice last night. ha. I shouldn't laugh, but this is the first time his wife, who is now officially an RN, can nurse her husband back to health and we're not getting a call from Ryan asking if he should ice or heat the knee.

Kelli is heading off to Santa Monica for work for a few days and that should be fun. She travels an incredible amount. Good thing she's young and loves it. She asked if I wanted to go along for a mother-daughter trip and I passed. It's been too busy around here lately with the wedding and I'm just starting to feel as if I'm winning the laundry battle. Kelli and I went on a mother-daughter trip to Fort Lauderdale a while back and our goal was for each of us to do three things we'd never done before in our lives. Now that's pretty hard at my age, but we did it and kept it all legal. What a fun trip that was.

Okay, back to laundry.

0 comments: