I don't feel comfortable mentioning names, but another couple from Dubuque just accepted their referral of a little girl aged 2 1/2 today. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for them and for her, and for that matter, us too. It's going to be great to get their little girl together with Joseph. And, they will be attending the same school together when the time comes for them to enroll in kindergarten.
This is such great news because when we first started this adoption journey we knew of a couple in the Quad Cities (about 1 hour 15 minutes away) who had adopted from Ethiopia, but that was it. That's as close in proximity as it was at that time. Our town population is 55,000 and so I was hoping for more and now here it is.
I'm hoping one day soon I'll be able to let you know that they brought their daughter home safely and the kids are playing together. What a beautiful day that will be. Get the tissues ready!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Another referral for our town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm ordering a dozen boxes of tissues!
Mom
oh yeah!! just keep them referrals coming. congratulations to your friend.
blessings,'
mel
This is great news! How awesome for you! Now, let's get your baby home!
Go ahead mention names - we're excited! Will you call me sometime when you get a moment with your email?? I had a couple questions that I wanted to ask you - travel clinic, etc.
Mimi
Mimi,
Email me at DebraALockhart@aol.com. I didn't want to be the one that was broadcasting YOUR good news, but I'm so glad you did! You've had one day for the news to sink in and I'm guessing it feels just as good as it did yesterday.
We're so happy for your entire family!
Deb
Congratulations to Mimi!!!
It is so nice to be able to connect with other families in the area who have adopted from the same country. The town we live is has a population of 1300, a farming community and as you can imagine, primarily white. However, while we were in Guatemala picking up Lili, another family in town was in Ethiopia picking up their boys. Now we're in process of our Ethiopia adoption along with another family who are adopting from Ethiopia while waiting on their China adoption. It's so exciting!!!
Keep your eyes peeled, there are probably more families in your neck of the woods.
Post a Comment