Yes, that's right we received a referral of our GORGEOUS little guy who is 2 years, 2 months. Sorry, but for obvious reasons, we can't post his photo until we've passed court and he's officially part of the Lockhart Clan.
Our agency director said that they will do everything they can to get us a court date before the courts close August 5th, but we should actually plan on an October court date. With both of these dates we'd be able to travel and pick him up within four to six weeks after passing court.
Thank Heaven for Little Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric actually got the call from our agency stating that they had a referral for us and that they'd be sending everything to us via email because she couldn't get in touch with me using my cell phone number. Well, my cell phone went dead on vacation and hadn't been brought back to life yet. So, I was out and about with Ryan and Emily checking on Rehearsal Dinner venues when Eric called Emily and asked for me. I got on the phone and he said, "You're going to want to get to a computer immediately." I couldn't figure out why, but then he continued, "We have a referral of a little boy who is 2 years, 2 months and his name is "Y". Well, I had to finish the meeting we were in with a restaurant owner and then I had to go to the YMCA and pick up the littles (who for some reason were harder to find since I was in such a hurry) and then raced home.
I told the kids on the way home that I had a surprise for them when we got home and they were pretty excited. When we got to the house I said, "Let me check and see if your surprise in on my computer." They followed me downstairs and I then proceeded to open the pictures of our newest little man. Luke then said, "What's the surprise? I knew we were getting a brother. I thought we were getting a surprise." Obviously, Mr. Literal thought it was going to be something that would be a total surprise. Kids!
We received our referral 2 months, 2 weeks and 5 days after our file arrived in Ethiopia. I'm guessing that's pretty good timing.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
WE RECEIVED THE REFERRAL OF OUR SON
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm getting caught up on blogs since arriving home from vacation and this is the type of news I like coming home to. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! This is very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment