Wednesday, August 19th is our court date to hopefully finalize Joseph's adoption. I can't even start to tell anyone how excited we are. First we were hoping to have him home by February, 2010, then we thought maybe sooner (December, 2009), but now, if we can pass court on the 19th I'm guessing we'll be traveling sometime in September. Eric is checking on tickets at this very minute.
I have to tell how we found out about our court date because it's another strange occurrence. I was at my doctor's office for a check up and saw the sign that said, "Please turn off your cell phones so we are better able to treat you." Well, being someone that likes to follow rules, I pull my cell on silent. Later when I got to my car I saw that I had missed a call from Eric and so I called him. He said, "Where have you been? Luke and I went all over the hospital looking for you and couldn't find you even though your car was in the parking lot?" I told him I was in Radiology and he said, "We didn't go there." I then said, "Well, what's up?" And that's when he told me he had tried to call me 90+ times, send emails, and 3 text messages to let me know that we received a court date.
This is so funny because there are very few times when I'm not by a phone or computer and two of the times that I have been away have been when Eric has gotten the news of Joseph's referral and now our court date. I will most certainly have my cell phone charged and ready to go on August 19th so I can hopefully get the news that we've passed court and Eric doesn't have to track me down. The kids do have swimming lessons that day so I'll need to be careful not to drop my phone in the pool.
Receiving a court date is most certainly an answer to a lot of prayers, but we want to stop and think about all the other families who are in process wondering about the things we were just wondering about a short time ago..........things like: when will we get a referral and when will we get a court date. This is an amazing journey!!!
Friday, July 17, 2009
WE HAVE OUR COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations again! I am SO happy for you and Eric.
Congratulations on your court date!
Thank you!!
Post a Comment