As of May 13th our dossier has been in Ethiopia for one month. We’ve been told that it will usually take between 4-6 months for a referral after your file arrives in Ethiopia. Time is ticking. I would like to think that during that time our file has been scoured everyday by hardworking Ethiopian officials searching for the right family for a beautiful young man.
Today I saw a mother with four very small children at Sam’s (3 were caucasian and her little boy was black). Man alive did I want to break a cardinal rule and go up to her and start asking 20 questions as to whether her little guy was not only adopted, but was he adopted from Ethiopia. How rude of my brain!! I’ve heard that there’s another family here in town that is in the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia and I’m doing my best to get in touch with her. It would be great if both boys were about the same age and might even be buddies in school.
Just the little tiny piece of information regarding our training class has put me into a whole new mindset for the day. It’s dark and dreary outside, but my heart feels a little lighter. We are indeed moving forward and the process is working for us. It’s just too easy to be human and wonder what is happening at every single moment and is there any reason why we wouldn’t be able to adopt. It’s a good day.