Thursday, May 28, 2009

More help for us with Anna's family-May 20, 2009

Just when I thought I was on all listserves that were appropriate to us relating to Guatemala and Ethiopia I get information on yet another one. Tonight one of the gals on one of my Guatemalan sites mentioned a Sibling Registry group who’s purpose is to help find siblings that may have also been adopted from the same birth mother. We know that Anna has two older siblings (according to her home study they live with her grandparents in a different part of Guate.) but there could be others who have also been adopted. This registry is going to try and help us connect with those siblings, if and when, their adoptive parents use the same Sibling Registry with a common goal of contact. It’s a long shot, but I think it’s good for us to get on the list and then we could be contacted in the future if a family is searching for us.

Pretty soon I’m going to be too busy with all of this investigative work to work my day job. ha ha Good thing I’m married to the boss.