Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dossier is with Dove-March 26, 2009

Another day, another piece of good news. I contacted our agency to make sure our dossier was up to par and had all of the state seals and notarizations necessary. Well, evidently so, because Lisa told me that it is now with Dove (our placing agency). Thank you God! Lisa went on to say that Dove will be sending it to the DC Consulate in the next few days and then we’ll get an email when it goes to Ethiopia! Great news again. I’m wondering when the other shoe is going to drop and we’ll get bad news instead of good. Never right!?!

Eric said he’s getting REALLY excited. I was hoping he’d stay calm and help keep me calm, but now that’s not going to happen. Okay, the Lockhart household is jumping up and down as I type this. We’re doing a calendar count trying to figure out the whole system and determine when our son will be home. (We do this at least three times a week and have nothing to base our guess on other than we want him home now.) I went shopping trying to find sweatpants for Luke and found tons of khaki shorts with matching tops for our Ethiopian son. We don’t even know how old he’ll be, what size he’ll be in, or if it will be the dead of winter, so I came to my senses before buying anything, but it’s so tempting.