Thursday, May 28, 2009

No news regarding training-April 23, 2009

Well, as most people that have adopted before know, time lines mean the most to the adoptive parents. When someone says this will happen by this date in your adoption process the adoptive parents put that date on every calendar in the house-in INK-and believe it’s gospel. Only to find out that that date was a targeted date and not the actual date. Such is the case with our training on “Referral and Travel” with our agency.

We received an email from them on the 8th stating that someone would be in touch with us within two weeks to set up the training and yesterday was 2 weeks. Now obviously they could have called yesterday and satisfied the two weeks time line that they gave, and I wouldn’t have minded one bit if they threw that date out the window and called early. No such luck. Why can’t I hope for an over-achiever!

In my mind I allow myself to believe that once that training is done we move even closer to the beautiful end of this journey. When in all reality it just means that there will be more time lines set up for future steps within the process. I think I’ll check the mail because maybe they sent the materials out by mail, which could get here today, and those materials would state when a phone training will take place. Guessing, guessing, assuming, guessing……it’s a vicious cycle. Nope, nothing in the mail. Darn the luck.